Concrete Replacement Service
At Oriental Concrete, our commercial and residential concrete replacement services are second to none. Our knowledgeable team of experts will help to keep you informed every step of the way. With concrete replacement, it’s essential to begin with excellent ground preparation to ensure a smooth, even product. We start by ensuring impeccable preparation, and once the materials have been poured, finish off by crafting a smooth, level surface with no imperfections.
Concrete replacement can be done to fix or improve:
- Hot Tub Pads
- Retaining Walls
- And More
Concrete Replacement is an artistic process which must be followed carefully to ensure master craftsmanship.
The process we follow is:
- Removal of any old materials using either manual labour or small equipment– we make the decision based on the solution that is both most practical and the least likely to do damage to your yard. Keeping your yard and the rest of your property intact is of vital importance to us.
- Laying the foundation, which includes putting down a mixture of sand and crushed gravel– the gravel gives the foundation strength and durability, while the sand binds the mixture together while allowing for proper drainage.
- Raking the area until it’s smooth and fully compacted, then spraying the area with water to further compact the mixture.
- Installing rebar at appropriate intervals to allow for further binding and the prevention of cracks.
- Carefully covering anything and everything that may be splashed with concrete during the pour– taking care of your property is our highest priority.
- After pouring the concrete, we finish it off by dividing it into grooves, or adding relief cuts in order to help control cracking– this way if your concrete does crack, it will occur in these areas, which are strategically placed to be less noticeable.
- After the concrete has set, we’ll come back and clean up any mess.